Backend Engineer (San Francisco, Remote)
Backend Engineers at Iron Fish work cross-functionally—collaborating with designers, leadership, and other engineers to design features and break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines. This role is perfect for someone excited to work on uncharted territory in decentralized networks and cutting edge cryptography.
Why Iron Fish?
- We promise you will be challenged, and always learning. This project involves distributed systems, some heavy-duty cryptography, UI/UX challenges of simplifying complex information, and more.
- You will build tools that help bring equality to the global economy, so that everyone has access to complete financial sovereignty.
- We value kindness, curiosity, and the willingness to learn and to teach.
As an engineer in a fast growing company, the day-to-day may vary. But here is some of what you can expect to do:
- Build, document and maintain tests, features, and infrastructure
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Write high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers
Below are just some examples of what your background may look like—go ahead and apply even if your experience is a little different.
- Worked in at least one of our focus areas:
- Cryptocurrency architecture development
- Web and/or Electron application development
- P2P application development
Nice to haves:
- You have experience with Blockchains (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc..)
- You’ve worked with Electron, Rust, Kubernetes, Indexdb
- You are interested in world economies or what it takes to build a global currency
If you have any questions about this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org