Iron Fish Mainnet March 14th
Iron Fish Mainnet will Launch on March 14th, 2023—or 3.14, Pi Day 🍰
Iron Fish has consistently run one of the biggest testnets an L1 project has ever seen, and now we’re excited to announce that Iron Fish is ready for its mainnet release.
Iron Fish Community 💖
We are lucky to have such an engaged, worldwide community.
The Iron Fish community has:
- Representation from over 200 different countries speaking over 20 different languages
- Over 300k messages in Discord (with 43k+! members)
- Open source developers contributing to core Iron Fish
- Well over 50M transactions across 3 testnets with over 300k fully private custom assets
- Thousands of full nodes (11k concurrent online full nodes for Phase 2, and over 60k for Phase 3)
- Over 8k contributions to our Trusted Setup (and it’s still going until March 3rd!)
- 🙌 THANK YOU! 🙌
Timeline of past Testnets
|Testnet Phase 1||December 1, 2021 - March 11, 2022||- 9k participants (registered users with non-zero points on the leaderboard) |
- Over 3k nodes via opt-in telemetry
- Over 300 GitHub issues reported and closed
- Hundreds of community contributions, including PRs
|Testnet Phase 2||May 10, 2022 - November 22, 2022||- 39,432,178 transactions (all shielded using zero-knowledge proofs, making Iron Fish the largest processor of ZKPs ever) |
- 292,054 blocks
- 31,207 participants with non-zero points (out of 83,465 registered with possible dupes), including several professional mining pools
- Over 11k concurrent nodes online at peak with more than 200k daily transactions on average
|Testnet Phase 3||January 18, 2023 - February 25, 2023||- Reported over 60k nodes online |
- Over 300k fully private custom assets created by the community! (see community created explorer!)
- Over 140k accounts with leaderboard points
- Over 40 open-source contributors to core ironfish
|Mainnet||March 14, 2023|
What happens March 14th?
Iron Fish is a PoW L1 chain. On mainnet all of the Iron Fish capabilities will be available to anyone and everyone across the globe:
- Anyone can host a node
- Anyone can start mining
- Anyone can mint fully private custom assets
- Anyone can burn or transfer assets
To join in, check out our getting started guide.
How is Iron Fish celebrating?
We’ll be hosting a YouTube Live event to answer any questions while launching Iron Fish mainnet. Come join us. Bring a slice of pie. ✨
We hope you’ll be there to celebrate with us! If you plan to have your own Iron Fish party, let us know on Discord in our #outreach channel.
Stay tuned to Twitter and Discord for updates as Pi Day grows closer 🗓️ 👀
• 🎤 Discord
• 🚀 Careers
• 📧 Email Updates